EKN Top Banner - Forum
Bondurant - LB
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

Briggs & Stratton - SS -2

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

CLUB - Point Pelee Karting - DB

CLUB - TRAK - Goodwood

CLUB - Kawartha Durham

CLUB - WRKC 2013 - DB

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
SOC All over again?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin barrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin.. Developing young drivers in a fun, fair, family environment is what it's all about. I have been in karting 40 + years and personally sponsor at least 6 drivers, so I know a little about giving to the sport. However, watching unsuspecting kids and limited budget families given empty promises, that they will be the next Schumacher and being ripped off for serious money, as happened in SOC.... thats where I will step in and make sure it doesn't happen again. Karting is more of a passion, for me, than a business, and I love nothing more than to see a well run legitimate series that develops young karters.

KB
Kevin Webster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin barrick wrote:
Kevin.. Developing young drivers in a fun, fair, family environment is what it's all about. I have been in karting 40 + years and personally sponsor at least 6 drivers, so I know a little about giving to the sport. However, watching unsuspecting kids and limited budget families given empty promises, that they will be the next Schumacher and being ripped off for serious money, as happened in SOC.... thats where I will step in and make sure it doesn't happen again. Karting is more of a passion, for me, than a business, and I love nothing more than to see a well run legitimate series that develops young karters.

KB

Well said. I too hope that this is not SOC all over again, but I think we have to give credit to someone trying to put together something that may be very good for the Karting industry. If they fail and nobody gets taken for money, lesson learned.
R.Craig Chadwick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's kill this topic. There are way too many assumptions, speculations, miss-information and perhaps non-factual statements being presented. Go ahead and read the topic closely and you will clearly see some of the assumptions being made are very wrong.

I'll say again I should of never started the topic.

Bottom line is that we know SFA about this thing. We all think we know but reality is we don't. I would be horrified to think a possible exciting series is killed because Nik reviewed this load of crap and said screw it. At the very least we should be sticking to facts as presented by the people who truly know. Hopefully truth torpedoes will come from the people involved in the series soon.

Please someone, say amen ....
Mike Preston

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: OK... I'll say it Reply with quote

[AMEM BROTHER...
kevin barrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Craig ..Let's leave it for now, in the hands of the "Scouting Director for Canada's National Racing Team" and see where it goes.

Amen

KB
James Treadwell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so if the same person that was behind the SOC is behind the Ultimate, are there going to be apologies handed out? Very Happy
Ultimate Racer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited by Moderator.

Mystery solved. Ultimate Racer is Nik Rak. Actually the staff at his studio helping him get out some info on this new show.

Nik, thanks for calling and filling us in on that. Post away.

Ultimate Moderator
Ultimate Racer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (Owen Thomas) used Ultimate Racer becuase I am not speaking on my own behalf, but am speaking for our team who is putting together the show.

I would not be the only one writing under this account name, so it made sense to use the shows name as our user name.
R Anthony Hutchinson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you all seen the "Ultimate Racer TV Show on Global (OFFICIAL THREAD)" in the General Discussion Forum??
Mike Hairston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how the supposedly hacked account of nik rak does the same spelling and grammar mistakes like the new one lol how can anybody take this ultimate racer serious if they have guys like him promoting for the show? Rolling Eyes
Mike Adams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did this ever air. I see by web site nicer promotional video http://www.ultimateracer.tv/
R Anthony Hutchinson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know from people who were involved that its completely dead and those same people are still owed money. BC strikes again.
Ted Murphy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone notice that the scheduled dates posted are from last year? Other key series and clubs have had their schedules published since late Dec or early Jan.

Great promo clip though, too bad history shows that not much more than a promo ever materializes. Remember, "caveat emptor"....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: