EKN Top Banner - Forum
Bondurant - LB
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

BuzzBomb Race Paint - SS

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

CLUB - WRKC 2013 - DB

CLUB - AMKA

CLUB - West Coast Kart Club - DB

CLUB - Kawartha Durham

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
New Maranello Dealer for North America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted Murphy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: New Maranello Dealer for North America Reply with quote

I see that someone in Ontario will be a Maranello dealer

http://www.maranellokart.com/en/riv-america

With being the only dealer in the America's, I sure hope they'll have boatloads of spares... A number of the parts should be CRG compatible but no doubt there are proprietary components. Something to think about before you grab one of these...
Jim Pirzas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an e-mail from Maranello saying they would give Trevor the Maranello rights.
In the end, those with access to a track are most favourable to a manufacturer. Is Trevor still at Hamilton?
I am sure Prime will have the spares Maranello karters need. It is a very good brand and they will have success with it.
They have been a little off the map in 2011 with Armando Fillini leaving but they promise they will be better than ever in 2012.
Maranello's greatest success has come in the Northern European countrires with 8-13% of all the KF racers before 2011.
Good Luck Prime! Very Happy
Mike Curran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hamilton gang had Maranello in 08 but dropped the ball with them at the time. It's a great chassis to base a team around and I wish Trevor good luck with it.
Jim Pirzas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Trevor went to the dealer/driver day for Maranello in Italy? Supposedly went very well and they allowed people to see and test the new model.
Hamilton failed first time around only because the CRG option was the chassis of choice to that point in 08. And because Bob wanted me to put up all the money so we could be 50-50 partners. He got Maranello to make him a dealer while I was trying to make a deal with them myself and then called me about a great investment.
If Prime goes all Maranello they will do well. If CRG remains an option for buyers 3 years from now then its just not going to work. My understanding is that they will be Canada and USA dealers. They'll have to push the product to remain any kind of exclusive importer.
Mike Curran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Maranello Reply with quote

I agree Jim, at the time (0Cool we where the only ones to venture out on a Maranello and where quite happy with the chassis. The team stuck with CRG so we where the lone team members on the chassis. Soon thereafter the chassis did a disappearing act and parts where very hard to get even though CRG parts worked in most applications.
Jim Pirzas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thats right... Melissa was on a Maranello. I remember that.
Bob had the used chassis from the SuperNats too. I think there was a Fore chassis and Piccini. And a mangled one.
Mike Curran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Maranello Reply with quote

We will see who and what happens with the team and chassis and take it from there . We are going to be in the market for a full Rotax Sr package for next year and am also interested in the Energy chassis as well.Still have ties with Tonykart as and was also impressed with the Vemme karts although I don't know what kind of support they will have in Ontario.
Jim Pirzas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough one! Energy has been winning everywhere for the last couple years. You know the quality of Tony Kart and you like the Maranello.
Knowing the dealer costs of each, Energy will give you the best price. Will Prime be where you want to race in 2012? Tony Kart will be I'm sure.
Mike Curran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll keep an eye on how Energy looks by spring, they could be real contenders here. I also was quite impressed with the Praga karts and they have great backup with the DiLeos.
Don Guilbeault

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: karts Reply with quote

anyone check out Danilo Rossi's DR Kart at the supernats? They performed quite well for the first year there.
don@drt-racing.com
Rotax Service Ctr
Mychron
Vega & MG Tires
Don Guilbeault

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: karts Reply with quote

anyone check out Danilo Rossi's DR Kart at the supernats? They performed quite well for the first year there.
don@drt-racing.com
Rotax Service Ctr
Mychron
Vega & MG Tires
Jim Pirzas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M92 is pretty much a standard CRG chassis but the J90 is very interesting. The tubes under the fuel tank are usually parallel or sometimes sloping inwards towards the front. The J90 fans outward towards the front of the chassis. Which one was used to have the good results at the SuperNats?
Don Guilbeault

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: dr karts dealers Reply with quote

Jim we used the S-97 a 30mm chassis, we run the m-92 mainly in road race and the J90 in both. We have had good results with the J90 in sprint especially with bigger drivers. The S-97 has been good with Tag or shifter engines. The J-90 has soft front with excellent turn in and a stiff rear.
don@drt-racing.com
Rotax Service Ctr
Mychron
Vega & MG Tires
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: