EKN Top Banner - Forum
DRT Racing
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

Briggs & Stratton - SS -2

CLUB - Kawartha Durham

CLUB - AMKA

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

CLUB - WRKC 2013 - DB

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

CLUB - Point Pelee Karting - DB

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Goodwood Kartways Facelift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan Craighead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Goodwood Kartways Facelift Reply with quote

Goodwood Kartsways is about to get a world class facelift, via a new racing surface, curbing, and a few new features.

It is an excitement time for the renowned Ontario karting facility. Discuss all the upcoming changes here.

Allan Craighead
eKartingNews.ca Managing Editor
(226) 808-9472 Cell
acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com
Twitter: @ekartinnews_ca
Facebook: eKartingNewsCanada
Rob Howden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that is huge news! Can't wait to have a look at the track after everything is done. It's just great to hear that one of our cornerstone tracks is going to become even better.

I'm actually down in Phoenix for the SKUSA SpringNationals this weekend, but if I was home, I would be getting out to Goodwood on Saturday for one last run on that historic layout. I had so much fun back in the 90s running OKRA race at Goodwood with all my Sr. Heavy buddies.

If you're looking to shake things down to start the new year, get out to Goodwood this weekend to get one more shot at this great venue!
www.eKartingNews.ca
www.eKartingNews.com
www.eFormulaCarNews.com
Jeff Grist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. Congratulations to Marco and Dan and the entire Goodwood crew. Obviously we have some fond memories of Goodwood, winning the National title in 2009 with Kyle Herder. I think Goodwood is Garett's favourite track. Rob has a great idea to get out for one last run. Anyone got a kart we can borrow? LOL

And a special thanks to the Sofina Foods Drivers' Development Program for getting behind this amazing project. Very cool stuff.

Jeff, Helen and Garett Grist
TRAK PRESIDENT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Week 1 of our three week project is in the books. Everything is coming together nicely and we are right on schedule. Many of you have made it out to the track to see the progress. For those of you who haven't use this link to view our Week 1 Gallery.

http://www.goodwoodkartways.com/photogallery/repaving.html

Week 2 starts tomorrow with the paving machines moving in. We hope to have our new surface laid by mid-week.

Goodwood Kartways
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: