EKN Top Banner - Forum
DRT Racing
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

CanAm - SS

CLUB - TRAK - Goodwood

CLUB - WRKC 2013 - DB

CLUB - AMKA

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

CLUB - Kawartha Durham

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Canadian karting moved from Innisfil to Sunset Speedway??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed smith

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Canadian karting moved from Innisfil to Sunset Speedway?? Reply with quote

Why move from a proper road course track to a oval track where you just go around and around and around? Good for stock cars-bad for karts.Weird
Glenn Ratzinger

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: CKL move Reply with quote

Me think's there may not have been any discussion on the subject, just a guess mind you.
Rob Howden

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian karting moved from Innisfil to Sunset Speedway? Reply with quote

ed smith wrote:
Why move from a proper road course track to a oval track where you just go around and around and around? Good for stock cars-bad for karts.Weird

Ed, I have spoken briefly with Russ Bond on this, and I think the're developing a road course within the Sunset oval, which could be pretty challenging. Kind of a cool venue as well.

I raced at the Flamboro Speedway karting circuit with the Waterloo Regional Kart Club and the track is technical and fun.

I would say don't beat on something until we find out the layout.
www.eKartingNews.ca
www.eKartingNews.com
www.eFormulaCarNews.com
Andrew Massey

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever tried karts on an oval? Its a blast. Don't be so quick to dismiss karting oval racing.

Did a race a few years back at Capital City Speedway in Ottawa with our Hondas. Flat out, pack-style drafting races like Daytona and Talladega. It was one of the most fun times I've ever had in a kart.
#83 MIKA Honda Masters
#83 MIK Box Stock
#83 Peterborough Speedway Four-Fun Dodge
FORMER Track Record Holder - Thanks Scott!
Scott Brooks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about karts on an oval but Waterloo and Kawartha durham both have 'in field' oval tracks, although I understand the Kawartha facility may be in financial difficulties with OLG pulling out.
Frank Di Nardo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Kart Racing at Capital City Speedway is Back! Reply with quote

Hi Andrew

I think your right it's a blast to be drafting in a pack.... or this year the track has added ashphalt in the infield exiting turns 2 and 4 allowing us to run two chicanes. The chicanes add some passing oportunities, making things more interesting....

Missed you at the July 25th race.... Hope you and some of your felow racers can make the final race of the season Wednesday Aug 29th.

Cheers
Frank
Ottawa, On.
K2H 5Z5
Andrew Massey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work got in the way....

ANYWAY.... I have Aug 29th booked off and myself and a few buddies will make our way up for your finale. Once I have a confirmed list, it'll come your way.
#83 MIKA Honda Masters
#83 MIK Box Stock
#83 Peterborough Speedway Four-Fun Dodge
FORMER Track Record Holder - Thanks Scott!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: