EKN Top Banner - Forum
Bondurant - LB
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

CanAm - SS

CLUB - TRAK - Goodwood

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

CLUB - WRKC 2013 - DB

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

CLUB - West Coast Kart Club - DB

CLUB - Kawartha Durham

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Our Beloved ASN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Fowler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Our Beloved ASN Reply with quote

Mad Mad Mad I would love to know how many racers have read ASN's latest & greatest statements of June 4th. Before we end up with 4cycle arrive & drive & the only form of organized racing will be Rotax, we had better start talking.

Bruce Fowler

The rules are where you start from.
Richard Gray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean this?

"Honda Engine Technical Regulations
Due to the reported varying manufacturing specifications of the stock production Honda engines offered for sale to the public, and suitable for kart racing, ASN Canada FIA, with immediate effect, is discontinuing the practice of attempting to equivalize the Honda engine specifications. The 2011, and thereafter, technical regulations with respect to the Honda engine's internal specifications will remain as published in 2010.
Owners of karts running in the Honda classes are increasingly questioning the logic and necessity of the engine costs associated with what they descibe as an entry level class of karting. Rumours of "cheating" have increased it seems - for example regarding camshafts.
It is ASN's belief that there are purpose-built 4-cycle sealable entry level engines available that may produce a lower cost of ownership and maintenance for the owner."
Steve Auger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASN has tried the purpose built 4 cycle engine at a lower cost..World fomula!..that worked out well didn't it?? and its not the engine cause they work fairly well.. no one ever stood behind the program and so it withered and died.
the engine was supposed to be sealed..it never happened...I ( and others)wasted thousands on that class...
honda and its basic engine rules package has been here a long time and still has a good turnout at a couple of clubs . I have heard acusations and rumours of cheating since i started in this sport..but actually there are not too many dq's in post tech so I say leave well enough alone.
Bruce Fowler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing We do not need ASN at all. No 4 cycler is ever going to need a international racing licence to compete outside of Canada at least in 4 cycle.
We have policed ourselves fairly well for decades & now Mr. Cooke has decided we are no longer needed in karting, AMAZING!!!!!!

Bruce Fowler

Richard Gray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the ASN provide insurance coverage for most of the races? If I am correct then who will then fill that void if the ASN goes away for karting?
Bruce Fowler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Richard, the fact that ASN supplies insurance for kart racing is a separate entity to making up technical rules for karting. The thing that amazes me is all they had to do was ask the four cyclers to administer their own racing, instead of the way it's been done. Mr. Cooke has stated that there are problems in four cycle but he doesn't wish to get together with the correct people to solve these perceived problems.

Bruce Fowler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: