EKN Top Banner - Forum
Pserra Racing - LB
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

Overdrive - SS

CLUB - West Coast Kart Club - DB

CLUB - TRAK - Goodwood

CLUB - Point Pelee Karting - DB

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

CLUB - AMKA

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
CRG F1K 125cc Go Kart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Gorman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: CRG F1K 125cc Go Kart Reply with quote

okay hear's the deal my friend bought a new kart in 2008 used only for one year. the kart just sit's at my work and im really curious on what i can do to it. its not a shifter but i want to build. is it worth it ? and if so how will the change over be...
Robert Gorman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i did some research i know i will have to update to ven5 brakes the motor should be able to be swapped. i guess right now im depending is the frame requirements. i looked at all the CRG CHASSIS and i dont know what this kart is it is CRG F1K Serie 0394. if you can help me thanks
Robert Gorman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2008 CRG F1K Chassis and Maxter 125 F1K TAG engine Package

Raced 2 Seasons and in very good condition; Engine just needs a (top end) rebuild

This Kart won 3rd in the F1K (Masters) Championship at HRKC in 2009.

Can be raced in TAG class or can be used with a Rotax Engine for Rotax Jr or Sr

Chassis can also be used with a 4 Stroke (Honda) or

Can be run in Subaru Class where Engine is provided.

Chasiss & Engine : $1700 obo

Chassis Only: $1450 obo; Engine Only: $450 obo

Some spares provided with package.

Last edited on Tue Jun 15th, 2010 01:12 pm by Tokarter

looks like this guy says it can be upgraded this is the same frame i have available just need someone to confirm this. but nobody has nothing to say
Steve Auger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chassis you have is not really set up for a shifter engine.

The maxter engine and F1K chassis are package deal put together for a spec series.

The investment to make it into a working shifter fun kart is far more than the cost of a used shifter kart

a new braking system for a current shifter chassis is worth more than the used F1K (sorry)

If you want a shifter kart then I would advise you to sell this one and Buy a used pro moto or icc package. good luck!
Robert Gorman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. my friend has the kart i was just willing to buy it from him. i will look into a used shifter if that is the case thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: