EKN Top Banner - Forum
Bondurant - LB
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

BuzzBomb Race Paint - SS

CLUB - WRKC 2013 - DB

CLUB - AMKA

CLUB - Point Pelee Karting - DB

CLUB - TRAK - Goodwood

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Official Discussion - ASN Canadian National Championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clark Hadden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where's the 2009 Canadian Nationals?
was anything said at podium?
Patrick Moreau

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing said on the podium about next year, no rumours neither.

I just want to congratulate Gabriel Genest (Grand-Mère owner) and his organisation for the wonderful event. Dinner and special activities every night, fireworks, music bands etc ... Two thumbs up!
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rumours? You should walk around with me more Patrick!
Patrick Moreau

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should say "no serious rumours" Wink
Neelan Nadesan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would to really cool if the 09 nationals are at Barrie if it is ready

Neelan Nadesan
Stefan Rzadzinski

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of the Nationals coming back to the West?

Or has the creation of the Western series eliminated that chance.
Steven Mathews

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHITEY...that a boy. congrats!
Elena Maurini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotax Senior race report:

http://www.ekartingnews.ca/news_info.php?n=3899
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan Rzadzinski wrote:
Any chance of the Nationals coming back to the West? Or has the creation of the Western series eliminated that chance.

This was a topic of discussion in the pit area quite a bit as people speculated on next year's Nationals, or even if there will be a National next year. I think it would be interesting to have the entire podium create Team Canada, and the event would mean that much more. There are those that will argue Canada is too big, blah, blah, blah, but get over it. If everyone in the US can go to one place, so can we. Make the prize in the Western Series an all expenses paid trip to Canadian Finals, not one of the most coveted seats in karting. Those who think they can win in the West, and don't, seem to show up at Nationals every year just fine. If it's one event, and the information (ie more than the date!) is out early, I think the best in the West could make it anywhere, and will. I know Philippe Gelinas, Christophe Boisclair and Jean-Francois LaFontaine will agree with me, having all just finished in third place at Grand-Mere!
Clark Hadden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Corner Marshals, P.A system... tech people.. no complaints...
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point on the marshals Clark. From what I understand, they have to accumulate hours of service in order to do bigger races like Grand Prix Trois-Rivieres and ultimately - Formula 1. I wonder if the same system could be arranged with Ontario corner workers? At least for the regional races. I remember them being at Shannonville in previous years, but even they were gone this year.
Stefan Rzadzinski

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Holland wrote:
Stefan Rzadzinski wrote:
Any chance of the Nationals coming back to the West? Or has the creation of the Western series eliminated that chance.

This was a topic of discussion in the pit area quite a bit as people speculated on next year's Nationals, or even if there will be a National next year. I think it would be interesting to have the entire podium create Team Canada, and the event would mean that much more. There are those that will argue Canada is too big, blah, blah, blah, but get over it. If everyone in the US can go to one place, so can we. Make the prize in the Western Series an all expenses paid trip to Canadian Finals, not one of the most coveted seats in karting. Those who think they can win in the West, and don't, seem to show up at Nationals every year just fine. If it's one event, and the information (ie more than the date!) is out early, I think the best in the West could make it anywhere, and will. I know Philippe Gelinas, Christophe Boisclair and Jean-Francois LaFontaine will agree with me, having all just finished in third place at Grand-Mere!

Well of course it can't be fun finishing on podium, but knowing you're not going anywhere with it. But the West is fairly strong and I think that getting only 1 driver to go to have another shot is a bit tough. I don't think you can really complain with the drivers who have gone from the Western Series in Campbell, Wheeler, Choquer etc. Arsenault is another quick driver who I think will not disappoint. Obviously it would be nice for the entire podium to go, but there has to be some parody across the country. I mean, if the Nationals are held in the East all the time now, you might as well give one of the seats to the West. And in my opinion a series is a better showing of who is a good driver more-so than a one off. Also, those who don't win in the West don't show up as much as they could really, even if they had the potential to win. That's just my 2 cents though.
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could all go to Nationals Stefan, yet the prize would pay for the champion in each class to go. They could all go on their own dime, and it would be great if most of them did. If they went to this format of all seats coming from Nationals, they would most definitely have to continue the West-Ontario-Quebec rotation.

Your point about having a Series Champion go versus a One-off Champion go is valid, but Ontario and Quebec drivers are having to do an entire series, and then go to Nationals on top of that. Why not give 3 seats to the Western Champions, 3 seats to the Quebec Champions, and 3 seats to the Ontario Champions? If they get any bonus seats because of Canadian participation numbers, give them to National Champions. What do ya think?
Stefan Yasin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Pics of the Scuffle Reply with quote

I've got some great pics of the Scuffle between Di Leo and Ouellette :

http://thelabs.zenfolio.com/p680866938?photo=812365191

I'll also crop and upload them later, to better show those two. ( I might make a gif of them too..)

Anyways check it out

-Stefan
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how long did it last? White did an entire lap in those pics...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: