EKN Top Banner - Forum
DRT Racing
HOME - NEWS - CLUB NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - CONTACT -

Briggs & Stratton - SS -2

CLUB - AMKA

CLUB - West Coast Kart Club - DB

CLUB - Manitoba Kart Club

CLUB - Kawartha Durham

CLUB - Point Pelee Karting - DB

CLUB - Le Circuit Quyon

Racing Edge Motorsports - FB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Official Discussion - ASN Canadian National Championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Maurini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I missed a good fight....I mean, race.... Wink
RaceTechDevelopment.com
Mike Adams

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxing match on Friday night under the Big white and yellow tent. And one on Sunday in the Sunlight !!!!
Stefan Yasin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, from what I've gathered, (since I was on the track at the time {though I did see them going at it}) it lasted a good two minutes also there was some good grabs and lunges for each others throats before more marshals joined in to stop the fight and as Dan was walking/stamping away (a la Danica Patrick) he suddenly turned a 180 and proceeded to flip over PLO"s kart. Very Dramatic....(along with a few other things)

it was similar to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZolVMIelrGw&feature=related
Smile

I'll continue to post more details.
-Stefan
Russell Fox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how the focus is on a stupid scuffle between two "professsional drivers" and dismiss the fact that Darren White is the Canadian National DD2 champ!
This kid worked hard for his win and deserves better!
Great job Darren!

"If everything is under control, you're just not going fast enough." -- Mario Andretti
Stefan Yasin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whole-heartily agree, that Darren White earned that win and deserved it after his hard work and effort and I apologize if my input seems off topic. Smile

-Stefan
p.s. I think I might have a video of the incident
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching him Russell, and that Fox kid who turned the fastest lap after being turned around Wink
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full results now on mylaps:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=343443
Patrick Moreau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Holland wrote:
Good point on the marshals Clark. From what I understand, they have to accumulate hours of service in order to do bigger races like Grand Prix Trois-Rivieres and ultimately - Formula 1. I wonder if the same system could be arranged with Ontario corner workers? At least for the regional races. I remember them being at Shannonville in previous years, but even they were gone this year.

You are right regarding the Marshalls. They have their association called ASRQ (Association des Signaleurs de la Région du Québec www.asrq.com ). They are very professional and they are the same working at the F1 Grand Prix, Nascar etc... Many of them got so much experience than they are invited to flag at the Monaco F1 Grand Prix, Le Mans etc... In 2001 at the FSA World Championship at SRA Karting, European officials were very impressed of their job and I personaly saw many International races and I never saw better marshalls.

Having so good flaggers is almost a problem for Québec drivers when they are going to race outside. They are use to have accurate information from the Marshalls during the session.

They are all volonteers. When we host an event, we pay a reasonnable amount to their association and we pay the lunch (and the beer after the event). They come with all their equipment (flags, fire extinguisher, broom, etc...).

Isn't it wonderful?
Elena Maurini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD2 Report:

http://www.ekartingnews.ca/news_info.php?n=3914
Aaron Nelson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Holland wrote:
Full results now on mylaps:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=343443

Why would they post qualifying and then just prefinals and finals. All of the classes had three heats right?
Elena Maurini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotax Junior, Mini Max, Micro Max, ICC Report:

http://www.ekartingnews.ca/news_info.php?n=3922

Honda Senior, Honda Junior Report:

http://www.ekartingnews.ca/news_info.php?n=3933
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the new poll question on the main page about Team Canada seats. Throw in your vote, it's worth two cents!
Cody Schindel2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is this poll?
http://www.autosportsmedia.smugmug.com - Photos
cody@autosportsmedia.com
Jake Thompson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Holland wrote:
Check out the new poll question on the main page about Team Canada seats. Throw in your vote, it's worth two cents!

Jason, I think it is easy for you guys to sit in Ontario and say that the Western Championship should get those 3 seats, but I think what is forgotten by those in the East is that the West is not Ontario/Quebec.

It is 12hrs from Vancouver to Calgary, and further 6-8hrs to Saskatoon. You need to give people incentive to travel that kind of distance. If you took away the 3 seats, you would destroy what has become an excellent regional series. Obviously out East there are good provincial series in both Quebec and Ontario without having the seats available, but the distances are nowhere near the same. The Western RMC series has been great for karting in the West, and it would be naive to think participation would stay the same without the carrot at the end. I just don't think your suggestion of paying the expenses of the Western champ to go the Nats would work, there is no way to pay for the 5 days of your life it takes to drive each way from Vancouver to Ontario.
Jason Holland

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure Jake. I just try to come up with poll questions based on what gets put into my ear when I'm at the track. Personally, I like two systems:

One is awarding all nine seats at Nationals. It's a long haul for those in BC to be sure, but it's the same haul going the other way. You can haul a trailer west for nearly 20 hours from Mosport... and still be in Ontario! Obviously farther for the Quebecers then, or Caseley way out there in PEI! And the whole myth of a Quebec/Ontario/West rotation is totally false. Aside from this year when they returned to Grand-Mere for the 10th Anniversary, it's an East-West rotation only:
Grand-Mere/Quesnel
Mt.Joli/Calgary
Mosport/CARTBC
SRA/Edmonton
Hamilton/Grand-Mere.

My other thought is this: If the Rotax Program issues seats at the Grand Final based on the participation numbers in a country, then the country should issue the seats the same way. If you look at the last round in the West, the Coupe, and the ORKC you see this:
Drivers in Senior:
West27; Coupe27; ORKC26 - one seat to each champion.
Drivers in Junior:
West21; Coupe19; ORKC21 - one seat to each champion.

DD2 is a whole different ball game. I guess this year it would have to be one from the West and two from Ontario - but that's what we got at Nationals anyway.

Combine the two theories and perhaps what we need to do is get enough participation to have 12 seats for Canada. Then it could be 3 for the junior champions in each; 3 for the senior champions in each; 3 for the DD2 champion in each; and three seats from Nationals. That'd be awesome.

Hey Patrick, how many participants does Canada need in order to get 12 seats at the Grand Finals?... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eKartingNews.ca :: Canada's Leading Karting Website Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: